12.10.2011

Scrapbooker Saturday: Jody

JODY

Also Known As: Jody Spiegelhoff, SpiegelMom

Blog: Spiegelmom Scraps!

Social: Facebook

Scrapbooking Tips: "Besides loving to scrapbook in general, there are a few things I just adore within this hobby. The first one is all the cool techniques out there. Just check out YouTube and you'll find tons of 'how to' videos for help you on your creative journey

Another cool thing is that many of the pretty embellishments we buy also come packaged in pretty ways that we can easily recycle into our layouts. Prima's packaging is a great example. I've used several of their nicely decorated cardboard inserts for journaling cards and tags.

I also make it a point to recycle the plastics, which aren't so environmentally friendly. I have used plastic packaging to house memorabilia, such as our daughter's first curly lock of hair and Thomas the Train tickets. I have a bunch of these in a cardboard photo box. These are just a few ways we can help our environment, while still scrapping our hearts out. After all, us traditional scrappers use tons of paper every year and throw away just as much packaging. 
 
Another quick tip for you! I keep a brown paper grocery bag under my work area to put any paper or cardboard scraps. I also hang a small plastic bag (like from Target) from my work area to throw away any hard garbage or other plastic waste that I don't use. I hope my eco-friendly tips inspire you to save some of that packaging from ending up in your local landfill and recycle it into your layouts! I'd love to see what you come up with. Stop by my blog let me know!"

About: Hi there! I’m Jody Spiegelhoff, A.K.A. SpiegelMom, and so happy to by a guest on Danielle's awesome blog!  What can I say, I love to scrapbook! I started out stamping and making cards in 2003, but my obsession for all things scrappy quickly grew and now has its own scrappy corner in our home. My favorite scrapbook models include our five daughters and my wonderful husband. Yes that number is correct, FIVE daughters age’s 1 month to 13 years old. As you can imagine, I have lots of inspiration.

Do you have an eco-friendly scrapbooking tip? Find out how you can be featured in an upcoming Scrapbooker Saturday post here.

Related: