11.19.2011

Scrapbooker Saturday: Rosann

ROSANN

Also Known As: Rosann Santos-Elliott


Social: Facebook - Twitter

Scrapbooking Tip: "Two things that I love to use in my scrapbooking are ribbons and buttons and they can come from things that are easily recyclable.

Ribbon - Do you ever buy a pack of wash towels from the big box stores? Well they are packaged like a present, with a ribbon tied around them. It's usually a white ribbon and easily re-colored with mist, markers or paint. You can even write on them for a little creative journaling.

Buttons - Every blouse, pair of slacks, coat, etc. we buy comes with spare buttons. Do you ever use them on the actual clothing? I know I don't. They go right on my scrapbooking pages, cards and mini-books."

About: My name is Rosann Santos-Elliott and I live in Brooklyn, NY with my husband Ron and son Ethan. By day, I work as a higher education administrator in the suburbs of NYC. By night, I make cards, 12x12 layouts and mini-books to relax.

Though I have only been scrapbooking regularly since I got a scrapbook for my baby shower four years ago, I have always been a scrapbooker at heart - the photographer and historian of my family. Scrapbooking has allowed me to become a better photographer and writer.

If it were practical, I'd quit my job and scrapbook all day. For now I have to settle for being a Memory Works Consultant during my "free" time.

Do you have an eco-friendly scrapbooking tip? Find out how you can be featured in a future Scrapbooker Saturday post here.

Related: