11.26.2011

Scrapbooker Saturday: Mariah

Photo by Grace Robertson
MARIAH

Also Known As: Mariah Hechler

Blogs: It's Fun2Scrap & Mariah Hechler Photography

Social: Facebook

Scrapbooking Tip: "First, I only print the pictures I’m going to put in a layout. I plan ahead about 5-10 layouts. Since I use a digital camera, I write down the image numbers of the photos I’m going to use and send those to be printed. This helps me to use only what I need and not have a ton of extra pictures laying around. This is also helpful for crops because I have what I want to get done ready and I can quickly assemble to pages. 

My second tip is to repurpose old items...shoe boxes can be made into memory boxes. Just cover them with paper and Mod Podge.  Cardboard scraps can be used for album covers."

About: My name is Mariah and I’ve been a scrapbooker for about nine years. I’m married to my high school sweetheart. We have three rambunctious boys ages 4, 6 and 8. I became obsessed with scrapbooking after my first son was born. I also dabble in photography and started a side business about a year ago.

Do you have an eco-friendly scrapbooking tip? Find out how you can be featured in an upcoming Scrapbooker Saturday post here.

Related: