11.05.2011

Scrapbooker Saturday: Irit

IRIT

Also Known As: Irit Shalom


Social: Facebook

Scrapbooking Tip: "Don't throw away things that can be recycled or altered! It can be  an old packaging - I do alter dental supply boxes and you can see some of those alterations on my blog. And the Kraft paper on the back of medical subscription pads are fantastic to make cards. Alter old candles, even half used, granny's fan, old records and discs. Keep old and broken jewelry pieces and add them as your embellishments on your projects. Don't throw away any outfits before you cut all great lace, ribbons,buttons,pockets or even fabric. Old fabric is just perfect for die cutting. 

And the last one: recycle your own crafts. After many years, some of our old crafts we keep look very beginner's level. So re-do them! Keep the photos, good embellishments or anything you really like and make another, new art piece, with them. Use the old paper left as your scraps for cards, stamping, misting or die cutting. Just remember to have a good answer when your family members think your are a trash keeper. Show them that this trash entered you into some great design teams as it was with me."

About: My name is Irit and I am from sunny Israel. In my "real life" I am a dentist, but for the last four years I do it as a part-time job, because I need some extra time for my scrapping and crafting addiction and I  have a lot of fun doing something else after 25 years of dentistry. I have been married for 28 years to a retired high police officer, who is the full-time family cook these days. I am a mom to four grown-ups: two sons and twin daughters. The empty nest is probably the main reason for my obsession for crafting - I finally have some time for myself. 

I need to say that I have been totally addicted to crafting since I was a little girl. For many years it was polymer clay and jewelry making, but after I saw a scrapbook layout for the first time in my life (only five years ago during my visit to USA), I  finally understood that I am in love with paper. Today I mostly scrap and do altered art. I have been a design team member for about 9-10 challenge blogs and was a guest designer on a lot of others during the last year.

Right now, I  am a permanent designer for a UK chipboard company named Tando creative, Best Creation, Pretty Little Studio, Robin's Nest and Epiphany Crafts. I was published in print in Israel several times and in every possible web magazine during the last year. Last, but not least, my other addiction is...folk dancing. So if I am not in my crafting room- I am probably dancing!


Do you have an eco-friendly scrapbooking tip? Find out how you can be featured in a future Scrapbooker Saturday post here.

Related: