5.21.2014

Digital Scrapbooking with the PicsArt App

My favorite way to scrapbook is with my hands. Cutting up paper, adhering photos and handwritten journaling are all an artistic release for me. However, I love the ability to scrapbook on the go with the PicsArt app on my phone.


I've used the free app for a couple years and it's great for editing photos, as well as creating collages. Once I got the hang of it, I began designing my own digital scrapbook layouts and layering various elements.

"Aunt Mary" Digital Scrapbook Layout - Took photo of an old photo and created the layout as a tribute to my recently deceased Aunt Mary.

Since it's Layout a Day month and May is often busy for me, PicsArt has been handy, allowing me to scrapbook when I'm not in my craft room.

"Music" Digital Scrapbook Layout - Designed a photo collage of faraway photos and added it to a background I designed in PicsArt. This is a great way to scrapbook several blurry or grainy photos.

"Cameron Dallas" Digital Scrapbook Layout - No, I'm not obsessed with a teenager, but I did make this page for my oldest daughter. She supplied the collages and I brought them together.

For the past three years, I make a year-in-review photo book where my digiscrap layouts are mixed in with my favorite photos. These pages will definitely be in my 2014 book.

"This Girl" Digital Scrapbook Layout - Once again, I played with the background and added another collage, but this one was of my youngest after she lost her first tooth. 


Do you have a favorite phone app for scrapbooking? ~Danielle


Related: