11.28.2011

Recent projects: A scrapbook layout + 5 Jillibean Soup cards

When I attended the Great Lakes Mini Meet on November 18, I was finally able to sit down and complete six scrapbook layouts AND five cards. That felt great!

Here's a look at the only eco-friendly layout of the day featuring an old photo of my mom and me. (Yes, I still have plenty of "regular" scrapbooking supplies that I'm not going to waste. Remember, the first rule of ecoscrapbooking is to use your stash!):

"Flip and Flop" Eco-Friendly Scrapbook Layout

Supplies: DCWV paper (The Green Stack), Cosmo Cricket cut-apart elements, Simple Stories paper scraps, Jillibean Soup Bean Blossoms (purchased at the Mini Meet), button.

Next up, the Jillibean Soup cards from the class taught by Jill Yegerlehner (owner). The first card...


Jillibean Soup Card #1: U R Special

I love the second card since it used an old sewing pattern for the flower. Jill's tip: Place a sheet of cardstock behind the sewing pattern before punching it out:

Jillibean Soup Card #2: Thanks

Moving on to the third card:

Jillibean Soup Card #3: Superior Buttons

As we made the fourth card, Jill shared another tip: Use an adhesive spacer to hold the pin in place:

Jillibean Soup Card #4: Have a Happy Birthday

By the end of the hour class, I was able to finish my fifth card:

Jillibean Soup Card #5: Good Friends are Like Quilts

Supplies: Jillibean Soup Card Kitchen Kit (Homemade 6 Bean Soup, Jillibean Soup Kraft paper). Note: Jillibean Soup paper is FSC-certified and printed with soy-based inks. The Kraft paper is 100% recycled stock.

And there are two mini cards from the kit that I still need to finish. I enjoyed the class tremendously and now I have five completed cards ready for delivery!

Jillibean Soup Homemade 6 Bean Soup Card Collection

Related:

Attention: Scrapbooking Manufacturers! Tell me you're green!
My day at the Great Lakes Mini Meet
Tutorial: Eco-friendly business card bookmarks