10.31.2012

My Instagramed Week in the Life Project

Today is the last day of the ScrapHappy Only Layout a Day and I accomplished two major projects. The first was 9 Scrapbook Starting Points using Paper Scraps and the second was my Week in the Life project (April 23-39, 2012).

I've participated in Ali Edward's Week in the Life three times now and each year, I approached the challenge with a unique perspective. In 2010, I focused on my Twitter status updates and created 9 days of sCRAPs. In 2011, the final product was called A Week in the Life of Danielle's Brain and I doodled each day of my week (Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).

This year, the Android Instagram app was made available a few weeks before a Week in the Life and I took full advantage of it.

Instagram Photos of My Week in the Life 2012

I finally made time to scrapbook all these Instagram photos (I'll share how I printed them in a future post), but I challenged myself to use only these supplies:

  • FSC-Certified 8.5 x 11" cardstock (purchased in the office supply section of Walmart)
  • Eco-Binder by TerraCycle
  • Instagram prints

  • Washi/Trendy Tape by Queen & Co. (the only adhesive used to adhere photos to layouts)
  • StazOn black ink
  • Photo scraps (from when I cropped the Instagram prints)
  • plastic packaging
  • American Crafts black pen/marker
  • Close To My Heart ink
  • Close To My Heart baker's twine
  • Close To My Heart stamps
  • Basic Grey stamps

Another stipulation of my own personal challenge, I had to create a different title for each layout and limited myself to these two stamp packs. I also wanted each layout to look different and used my Instagram updates for my journaling.

How's that for a challenge? I succeeded and this is what I came up with:

My Instagramed 2012 Week in the Life Project

I added a few photos that weren't taken during a Week in the Life to help tell the story of my week (ex: kitchen remodel). There were 37 Instagram photos scrapbooked on 17 scrapbook layouts. You can view each page in my Week in the Life 2012 Flickr set. Enjoy! ~Danielle