8.25.2011

I don't wear a mini-skirt and jump for joy when I have four days of freedom

Hello and welcome to another addition of a Week in the Life of Danielle's Brain! 

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, start here. And if you know what's going on, then you know all about Back-to-School Shopping 1985 vs. 2011 and Mortal Kombat.

Being a mom has its perks and when grandparents are involved, it can mean freedom (at least for a couple days or so).

Day 4: 4 Days of Freedom

You'll never EVER find me wearing a mini-skirt.


I love summertime. 


Thanks to my parents and in-laws, I have at least one weekend a month to do whatever I want (like doodling, shopping without the gimmies, datenight and visiting the library without security telling my children to stop running around).

Obviously, I was happy to have four days of freedom. I may not have been jumping for joy like a cheerleader wearing a super-short mini-skirt, but I absolutely LOVE having time to rejuvenate (and quiet throughout the house without any screaming and bickering children).

Oh, and my girls are waaaay cuter than the doodled girls. I almost went back to fix them, but this project is not about perfection (and I can't wait to show you the people of Day 6...hilarious!).

If you enjoyed seeing me in a mini-skirt or any of my Week in the Life posts this week, share them with your friends (and I'll give you a cookie).