10.17.2012

9 Scrapbook Starting Points Using Paper Scraps

Over the summer, my girls and I dumped out a storage container full of paper scraps and organized them by color. During the process, I set aside some of the scraps to use on future layouts and also created a paper scrap organization video.

Thanks to the ScrapHappy Only Layout a Day, I finally had the push to create 9 scrapbook starting points using paper scraps and finish them:


Let's have a closer look:

"Fresh Picked Worms" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: Jillibean Soup sticker and diecuts, Simple Stories letter stickers, DCWV cardstock, paper scraps, Distrezz-it-All, black marker.

"Brown-Eyed Girl" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, paper scraps (including the bird I made), letter stickers (Jillibean Soup, Crate Paper), brown marker.

"Zombie" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, paper scraps, American Crafts letter stickers, (old) word bubble sticker, My Mind's Eye cartoon figure (circa 2000), paper confetti (from the Bind-it-All), acrylic paint, black marker. (Note: To create bloody brains, I glued the confetti to the cut-off head and added pink and red paint.)

"Sandusky Bay KOA" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, paper scraps, stickers (Jillibean Soup, Sassafrass), black marker.

"You" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, paper scraps, American Crafts letter stickers, StazOn black ink, photo booth memorabilia, black marker. (Note: This is my favorite layout of the bunch.)

"Madison" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, paper scraps (from my daughter's baby announcements in 2008), assorted letter stickers, black marker. (Note: Photo taken by Rick Sheridan.)

"A Photo Like This is Rare" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, paper scraps, Distrezz-it-All, Echo Park letter stickers, Close To My Heart stamp and ink, black pen, white pen.

"Miss Pres. Bill" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, paper scraps, corrugated cardboard, stickers (Echo Park, Jillibean Soup), Distrezz-it-All, white acrylic paint. (Note: I had two copies of this photo and cut out one to create a pop up effect.)

"Pets" Scrapbook Layout
Supplies: Paper (Pink Paislee, Cosmo Cricket), Jillibean Soup stickers and diecuts, Scenic Route letters, white paint marker, black pen. (Note: The center of the Pink Paislee paper was cut out for a previous project and I secured Cosmo Cricket scrap paper to create a full sheet to work with.) 

Most of us know about Shimelle's scrapbook starting points, but I wanted to challenge myself and start with paper leftover from previous projects. Now, I'm challenging you to do the same. Create a scrapbook layout using paper scraps and share the link to your project below. I'd love to see what you create! ~Danielle

Related: