10.27.2011

Fast scrapbooking: Making time for a quickie and where I do it

I scrapbooked! Why am I so happy about it? Because I haven't made a traditional 12x12 scrapbook page since Layout A Day in May! That's almost a full five months without personal paper scrapbooking in my life. I have scrapbooked, but not for myself. 

Today is a good day as I share with you my latest scrapbook layout...

"Family" 12x12 scrapbook layout featuring Cosmo Cricket paper.

That's me as a baby! And the reason I made this page is for a MemoryWorks challenge that asked me to use this sketch:

Sketch by PageMaps

I've never been a big fan of sketches, but I liked this one and it helped me to scrapbook my page quickly and put me in the scrapbooking mood.

I knew I wanted to use the Cosmo Cricket cut-apart elements I purchased on sale last fall and have been scrapbooking my childhood this year, so I planned on flipping through an old album for photos. (I rarely buy any scrapbooking supplies at full price and being a MemoryWorks Consultant gives me an even greater discount.) 

I used leftover ribbon from a gift and staples to match:


My favorite cut-apart element was this "Tweet Tweet" (makes me think of Twitter):


This page was (like the title said) "a quickie" and where did I do it? At my craft desk, of course. (I try to sit down, but most of my scrapping is done standing up.)

See more photos of my craft space here.

It doesn't quite look like that right now. It's actually messy from working on a Halloween mini-book that I started last year, but never finished. You'll see photos of that book on Halloween.

And if you ever wondered how I photograph my projects, I have something special for you:

This is where I photograph my scrapbook layouts.

It's definitely not rocket science. I usually snap about 6-10 photos, half on the flower setting of my camera and half on the text setting, for the best shot that I end up cropping and sharing.

The stool in the photo is also an altered project that once looked like this:

Before photo of the decoupaged stool.

I planned on sharing that project on my old blog, but never got around to doing it. I used extra fabric from my curtains, along with cord, and decoupaged them to the worn-out stool - a money AND environment saver!

After making the above layout, I'm back in the scrapbooking groove and can't wait for the Great Lakes Mega Mini-Meet next month! Yep, I'm going...and with my mom! More info about that later!

Fun Stuff To Check Out:

10 things I learned from blogging every day
Turn a photo collage into a Halloween centerpiece
I can't stop crafting with Cosmo Cricket and made a retro girl birthday card