12.01.2011

Day 1 of 12 Days of Eco-Christmas: Cardboard card + the sketch

Welcome to the first day of 12 Days of Eco-Christmas! Let's kick off a month full of eco-inspired Christmas projects with a 25 Days of Christmas card created by yours truly!

If you would have asked me a year ago what I thought about sketches, I would have told you I hated them! Since then, I've come to appreciate and ACTUALLY like sketches, especially when it comes to cards. I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to cardmaking and I've never made my own sketch until now:


It's far from being fancy, but take a look at the finished card:


I started with cardboard that comes with those vending machine tattoos:


Then I cut apart the front cover of the Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas kit:


One strip went on the front of the cardboard:


After attaching the kit's title element (25 Days of Christmas) for the card's greeting, I used cardstock from the 25 Days of Christmas kit for the inside of the card:


To finish off the card, a sticker was added (also from the kit), ribbon and a Petaloo flower:


Stay tuned for eleven more projects during the month of December! If you are inspired by this or any of the projects you see during the month and decide to create your own, email me (ecoscrapbook at yahoo dot com) and I'll share it here.

Related: