10.31.2011

A Halloween mini-book + googly-eyed fingernails

Halloween is here and I love this day! In fact, I'd rather decorate for Halloween than Christmas and we usually end up taking the decorations down after my oldest daughter's November birthday. 

We've picked and carved our pumpkins (and painted/glittered two small ones), toasted pumpkin seeds, drank apple cider, ate caramel apples, planned costumes, made a newspaper leaf wreath, painted papier mache masks, stuffed treat bags, decorated fingernails with googly eyes:

An extra Glue Dots Dottess project of mine: Attach googly eyes to fingernails with Glue Dots®.

And I finally finished my Halloween mini-book that I started last fall at a Creative Memories crop (shhh, don't tell the MemoryWorks folks). I was given cut cardboard leftover from scrapbook paper kits, a Creative Memories Halloween-themed kit and the ladies kindly binded the book for me. It's been sitting in my scrap cabinet with my 2010 Halloween photos ever since.

Have a look:

My Halloween mini-scrapbook made with leftover cardboard.

I also purchased K&Company Halloween diecuts on clearance last year and they went perfectly with the Creative Memories kit, along with the black glittered Thickers that I used on the front cover. (I used Glue Dots® to put everything together.)

The "2010" Thickers were a perfect match for the K&Company Halloween diecuts.

My oldest daughter loves to dress up scary!

Pumpkin carving is always a treat (and creepy if you don't like pumpkin guts).

Photo Tip: Turn off the lights and your camera flash for the perfect jack-o-lantern photo.

Although the items I used are from my regular scrapbooking stash (I have a separate eco-friendly scrapbooking supply box), I didn't buy anything new for this project and the repurposed cardboard from 12x12 kits is definitely ecoscrapbooking. 

Now it's time for parties, trick-or-treating and more Halloween photos that will lead to even more scrapbooking...until next year, my spooky friends! Hahahahaha (that was an evil laugh). Enjoy your day!

Related:


Disclosure: This blog post was written while participating on the Glue Dots design team.