4.16.2014

Mini Eco-Friendly Scrapbooks

Eco-friendly scrapbooking is an alternative form of traditional memory-keeping. Ecoscrapbookers are still documenting photos and telling stories, but look for a more "green" approach. We turn to recycled cardstock and often make our own embellishments by turning trash to treasure. We like the thought-process behind using items from around the home and making beautiful creations.

There are plenty of ways to create a mini scrapbook and today we'll focus on four: cardboard, paper bags, toilet paper rolls and coasters.

Cardboard


Example: Documenting Earth Day activities in a mini scrapbook album - I used cardboard, leftover DCWV recycled paper, nature-themed scrapbook paper (that I bought years ago and never used), The Cinch (book-binder + wire), fibers and black ink. Read more...

Paper Bags


Example: 100 Days of Summer scrapbook - I fell in love with Christy Musack's summer-themed paper bag album and contacted her immediately since I HAD to share it with my EcoScrapbook readers. Read more...

Toilet Paper Rolls


Example: Fun in the Sun mini scrapbook - Everywhere I look, there seems to be a mini-album popping up made from toilet paper rolls. I have yet to make my very own, but thought Jenn Bidwell Edwardson's toilet paper roll mini-album was adorable. Read more...

Coasters


Example: Pics From the Vault mini-album - This little coaster scrapbook represents the early years of my relationship with my husband. I've called it Pics From The Vault since the majority of photos have never been shown to our children...until now. Read more...

Have you ever made your own mini scrapbook? ~Danielle

Related: