6.26.2013

Recycling Greeting Cards with St. Jude's Ranch

Do you save your cards? I find it hard to throw out the cards my family receives during the holidays, on birthdays and other special occasions. Sometimes I reuse pieces of them on my scrapbook layouts or handmade cards, while I keep others as memorabilia.

What about the extras? We sent our greeting cards to St. Jude's Ranch for Children.



St. Jude's Recycled Card Program was developed to help homeless and neglected children and their families. Cards are collected to create new ones that are then sold in packs of ten for $10.

How can you get involved? Round up your cards and send them to:

St. Jude’s Ranch for Children
Recycled Card Program
100 St. Jude’s Street
Boulder City, NV 89005

Please note that they do not take Hallmark, American Greetings or Disney cards or cards with writing on the back of the front of the cards. This was the most difficult part of the process as the majority of cards my family receives are Hallmark, but my youngest daughter and I managed to find close to 50 cards to donate.

Visit St. Jude's for more information about their Recycled Card Program and to learn how you can purchase the child-created cards. ~Danielle

Related:

Tutorial: Father's Day Cassette Tape Card
Christmas Cards: Peace on Earth(Day)
Recycle Old Greeting Cards into Summer Party Invitations