1.30.2013

Valentine's Day Tutorial: Coaster Scrapbook


This little coaster scrapbook represents the early years of my relationship with my husband. I've called it Pics From The Vault since the majority of photos have never been shown to our children...until now. 

Many of the photos were taken while we were still dating at the end of 1999 and into 2000. To make them look like Instagram prints, I photographed the originals and downloaded them to my computer. Using Picasa, I cropped the photos into squares, added a black and white filter, along with the Holga-ish filter and printed them at Shutterfly (click here for my Instagram-printing tutorial).

Let's have a look inside:


I purged supplies from my stash, used a coaster book from Maya Road and my trusty Glue Dots®. The love-themed Fancy Pants cardstock and journal pages from BoBunny were purchased a few years ago, so I'm happy to see these finally get used (especially the cardstock with two blue birds). Here's how I made it:

Supplies:

Glue Dots® (Micro, Lines, Ultra-Thin)
Maya Road coaster book
Fancy Pants cardstock
BoBunny journal pages
Basic Grey stickers
Prima flower
StazOn black ink
small hole punch
square photos
white cardstock
paper trimmer

1. Remove chain from coasters and set aside. 
Trim cardstock to fit coasters and attach using Glue Dots Glue Lines®. 

 
2. Punch holes into cardstock for chain.


3. Decorate the coaster book with journal pages, photos and embellishments. 
Adhere decorations to book using Ultra-Thin and Micro Glue Dots®.


4. Ink the edges of the coaster book pages.


5. Type journaling on word processor, print on white cardstock and use paper trimmer to cut the lines into strips. Use Glue Dots Glue Lines® to attach the word strips to the coaster scrapbook.


6. Insert chain back through coaster scrapbook and secure clasp.

After I was done, I excitedly shared this coaster book with my girls and hubby. It feels great to finally document these photos and dig deep into my scrapbooking stash for a little purging.

What supplies have you been holding onto for too long? ~Danielle

Related: