10.10.2012

Scrapbooking: DIY Hexagons

Hexagons. I love this trend and get a little scrapbooker's delight every time I see them on a layout or card. Earlier this year, I created a scrapbook layout with my very own DIY hexagons:

"Big Bro" Scrapbook Layout With Hexagons

That's my big brother with his wife and son. I used paper scraps as strips for the background and the hexagons were made with this whatchamacallit:

Vintage Drawing Template

According to Ebay (I Googled it), it's a vintage Sterling 544 drawing template. Who knew? I guess I'm vintage too. I've had this drawing template since childhood.

Here's a close-up of the hexagons I made with a white pen and the vintage drawing template:

DIY Hexagons

I've gathered together a list of some other fun DIY hexagon projects you can use on your scrapbook layouts and cards. Enjoy! ~Danielle


Related:

The Unexpected Scrapbook Layout
3 Scrapbook Layouts That Use Photo Scraps
Video: Organizing Paper Scraps