2.10.2012

3 Scrapbook Layouts That Use Paper Scraps

Do you save your paper scraps? I do. In fact, I have enough to last for years and I've been meaning to organize the bulk of them since January 2011. For now, these various sized pieces of scrapbooking paper are stored in a closet until I can make the time to turn some into handmade paper and then figure out what to do with the rest.

I also have paper scraps more readily available from recent projects and I've been scrapbooking with them this month thanks to Layout a Day. I'm trying to find creative ways to display the scraps on my layouts. 

My first layout uses paper scraps to underline the title and as a journaling block. I've also thrown ribbon scraps into the mix by stapling them onto the corners:

"Yokies With Dad" 12x12 Scrapbook Layout

The layout was about a family recipe and since I didn't have actual photos of us cooking or of the meal, I opted for photos of my father and me as a child.

Supplies: cardstock (K&Co, Me & My Big Ideas, DCWV, Fancy Pants), Jillibean Soup chipboard letters, Cosmo Cricket letter stickers, My Mind's Eye label sticker, paper scraps, ribbon, fibers, staples.

Paper scraps are used as a border on this next scrapbook layout:

"U & Me" 12x12 Scrapbook Layout

The photos are of me (1979) and my daughters (2003, 2009) at the same age with messy hair and in high chairs. 

Supplies: DCWV cardstock, paper scraps, ribbon, buttons, stickers (SEI, Jillibean Soup).

The final layout I'm sharing today features paper scraps punched into squares and took only 20 minutes to create:

"Bang Your Head" 12x12 Scrapbook Layout

That's a photo of me screaming and is a layout about how I used to bang my head to go to sleep. It was so bad that I put a dent in the wall with my crib from repetitive head banging. (Good times, right?)

Supplies: paper scraps (April 2011 MemoryWorks Express Kit), Pink Paislee twine, stickers (October Afternoon, Crate Paper). Inspiration from thedailydigi.com on Pinterest.

I'm only ten days into Layout a Day and my love of traditional paper scrapbooking has been refreshed. I've been reminded how much I enjoy using my hands to make things. I still love the look and ease of photobooks, but my heart belongs to paper scrapbooking. (Update: I FINALLY completed my 2011 photobook before the deadline! I can cross that off my 2012 to do list!) ~Danielle