5.30.2012

Digital Scrapbooking: Highlights from the Birthday Scrapbook

I've been busy scrapbooking all month long during Layout a Day. The beginning of May was full of digital scrapbook layouts, something I don't usually do during LOAD, but since there was rush to complete my daughter's birthday album (Shutterfly Groupon was about to expire!), I was glued to my laptop.

For the past year and a half, I've been digitally scrapbooking the present and printing the layouts as photobooks. My 4x6 photo printing has been reduced significantly. I'm still in love with traditional scrapbooking and will continue to play with paper since I have plenty of older photos ready to be scrapbooked and use collages for my Take Twelve project.

A birthday-themed photobook is just the thing to reduce all that 4x6 photo clutter and is a great way to be able to share dozens of pics in a smaller form when compared to a typical traditional scrapbook.

Below are a few favorite layouts from my daughter's 4th birthday (it was a Hello Kitty theme!):

"Happy Birthday" Digital Scrapbook Layout

The layout above was from a pre-made template in My Memories Suite and all I had to do was add the photos. I ended up completing three layouts in less than 30 minutes using templates (one reason why I love digital scrapbooking - it can be fast).

But, for me, I tend to like simpler pages that I design myself when digital scrapbooking, like this one below:

"Thank You" Digital Scrapbook Layout

I was inspired by a cereal box (see it here) the day I made the "Thank You" layout and the photo was from the exact moment my daughter expressed her gratitude after opening her birthday presents.

My hubby grilled out during the party and I took this opportunity to ask his mom to take a photo of us. We are rarely photographed together and of course, there was a funny story to compliment it:

"You Never Know..." Digital Scrapbook Layout

Yep, that's us and this page exhibits our personalities perfectly. You can get a feel of our daughter's personality through the interview I forced her into had with her:

"Q&A" Digital Scrapbook Layout

Finally, the weekend after her party, we were camping on her actual birthday. I just love this photo of her:

"Happy Day" Digital Scrapbook Layout

Want to see more? Swing by Flickr to view my Birthday Digital Scrapbook set. (Note: There were a few extra pages added in during the photobook creation using Shutterfly's software.) Enjoy! ~Danielle

All layouts shown were made with My Memories Suite Digital Scrapbooking Software:


You can now take advantage of my special affiliate code (STMMMS67809) for a discount!

Related:

Digital Scrapbooking With My Memories Suite
Digital Scrapbooking: Camping at the KOA!
Take Twelve: May 2012