6.18.2014

Mr. Miyagi's Backyard: Scrapbooked Two Different Ways

I didn't plan on scrapbooking any old photos during last month's Layout a Day (LOAD514), but I ended up creating two different scrapbook layouts about an unplanned subject: the backyard where I grew up, often referred to as Mr. Miyagi's backyard.

The first page is a paper layout where scraps played a huge part, along with a mix of old photos, even ones I had cut up years ago.


My parent's backyard has always been a beautiful work-in-progress and why I decided to create a digital page using PicsArt. I simply took photos of old photos, combined them with recent photos and brought them together in the app on my phone.


The end result: two different layouts about the same subject. The journaling and photos are unique to each page and stories have been documented. Success! That's what scrapbooking is all about. ~Danielle

Related: