2.13.2012

Would you use dryer lint on a scrapbook layout?

What did that say? Dryer lint on a layout? Call me crazy (funny, odd, eco-fastastic, whatever), but I used it...

"School Days" 12x12 scrapbook layout using dryer lint.

Did you spot the dryer lint? (Hint: The answer is in the question.)

If you said those navy blue spots on the yellow cardstock, you are correct!

Curiosity struck Scrapbooks etc. recently and asked Twitter followers if they ever considered using dyed dryer lint on their layouts. I chimed in and said "I know what I'll be doing the next time I do laundry." And when it was time for laundry, I opened up the lint tray, pulled out a handful of navy blue lint (with a few dog hairs and no dye needed thanks to a load of dark clothes) and stuffed the wad in a plastic bag until I was ready to scrapbook with it.

Lint feels a lot like the Sparkly Fluff I used on an old (and scary) Glue Dots project so I decided to work with it the same manner. I adhered Craft Glue Dots® to the cardstock and topped it with dryer lint.


That was easy. I'm thinking if I want to add a touch of red on a layout, I'll wash and dry a load of red. If white is needed, then throw in a load of lights...you get the picture? Glittery lint is even possible if I wash a few of my daughter's sparkly shirts.

Other dryer lint ideas to consider: page titles, borders, clouds, flowers, spider webs, animals, the moon and so on. 

What do you think? Would you use dryer lint on a scrapbook layout?

The layout above features photos of me in kindergarten and was created during Layout A Day. Supplies: cardstock (October Afternoon, Bo Bunny, Fancy Pants), Simples Stories (Destinations kit) stickers, dryer lint  & Craft Glue Dots®.

Related:



Disclosure: This blog post was written while participating on the Glue Dots design team.