2.15.2012

Take Twelve: February 2012

February 12, 2012 was a typical Sunday for the Hunter family except... it was filled with plenty of photo-taking for Ella Publishing's Take Twelve Challenge.

Take Twelve: February

If we don't have anywhere to go on a Sunday, we usually stay in pajamas most of the day and do whatever we feel like doing. On this particular day, we were preparing for Valentine's Day. This is how the day went:

1. 11:33 a.m. - The girls colored in a book that was a Valentine's Day gift from their grandparents.

2. 11:34 a.m. - I worked on my Layout a Day scrapbook page.

3. 12:29 p.m. - I noticed my youngest had blue chalk on her face from coloring.

4. 12:30 p.m. - Our dog usually rests near the oven on the kitchen floor.

5. 12:43 p.m. - The Valentine's Day picture from my 3-year-old to her teacher.

6. 12:59 p.m. - A Valentine's Day picture by my 9-year-old.

7. 3:07 p.m. - Daddy/Daughters playtime.

8. 3:57 p.m.- The girls made Valentine's Day cards for their dad. This is my 9-year-old's finished card.

9. 3:58 p.m. - My 3-year-old put her card in an envelope and...

10. 4:04 p.m. - She drew a picture of her dad.

11. 5:10 p.m. - My 9-year-old played on the computer.

12. 7:22 p.m. - We made birdseed ornaments to give away on Valentine's Day.

This collage of photos will be printed as a 5x7 photo and scrapbooked by the time I share my Take Twelve for March. Since I'm currently sharing Take Twelve for February, that must mean I have January's layout ready...

Take Twelve: "Jan" Scrapbook Layout

Those are two 8.5x11 pages. I turned the scrapbook sideways and decided to make my Take Twelve album be like a calendar. I've never made an 11x17 scrapbook layout and I'm enjoying the point-of-view change.

The layout is simple and I pulled my journaling from my Take Twelve: January 2012 post. I may add additional embellishments throughout the year or keep it as it is. I'm using Simple Stories Year.o.graphy notecards for each month and I cut out the "Jan" for this layout:


I also printed a sheet of numbers, 1-12, for each photo and month:


These numbers will be punched out and attached to each photo:


All the pages will go into a black cloth Recollections 8.5x11 album I purchased last year with a Michael's coupon:

My 8.5x11 Take Twelve Album

Can you spot the reflection of a paper snowflake? I'll place some sort of photo or title element on the cover by the time my Take Twelve album is complete. ~Danielle

Related: