2.01.2012

Heart Wall Decor for Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is nearing and you wouldn't know it if you peeked inside my home. I have Halloween, Christmas and Easter covered, but the smaller holidays are usually neglected when it comes to home decor.

Hmmm....What to do? Make something!

Valentine's Day Heart Wall Decor

I got lucky at my local secondhand shop when I picked up a pack of wood heart frames. All I really had to do was add some Valentine's Day themed cardstock and find a place to display them.

Below are three simple steps to make heart wall decor for Valentine's Day.

Supplies:

Glue Dots® (Craft & Removable or Poster)
wood heart frames (found at a secondhand shop)
cardstock (Little Yellow Bicycle)
scissors
pencil

1. Trace each heart shape onto the backside of cardstock and cut out.

2. Adhere the cardstock cut-outs onto each heart shape using Craft Glue Dots®.

3. Apply several Removable or Poster Glue Dots® to the back of each heart and adhere to a clean wall.



Another option: Skip Step 3. Attach unwanted magnets to the back of each heart using Craft Glue Dots® to use on a refrigerator or metal door. Try changing up the cardstock for other events or for a child's room.

Oh, how I love simple crafts! As I was working on this project, I realized that the way I craft is a lot like the way I cook. I like to keep things simple and fast (most of the time). I avoid recipes with more than ten ingredients (less than five is preferable) and I must have a photo to go each recipe.

How about you? Do you prefer simple crafts AND simple meals?

Disclosure: This blog post was written while participating on the Glue Dots design team.

Related Tutorials: