1.25.2014

It's a Layout A Day Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Pre-LOAD Blog Hop! If you're just joining in, the fun starts at Kelli's blog. We're getting ready to bust the myths of scrapbooking during February. Let's find out the many ways to prep for a month full of scrapbook layouts...


I'm about to start my 11th Layout a Day next month and prepped like no other LOAD. You see, I've never attempted to focus on one scrapbook album during these day-to-day challenges. I'm usually skipping around throughout the years and juggling several scrapbooks at once. 

This time, I have one stack of photos to scrapbook during February's Layout a Day and they all feature my recently deceased German Shepherd, Tabatha:


As I write this, there are no tears, but I certainly expect to go through a box of tissues next month. I plan to use scrapbooking as therapy and celebrate my dog's life in her pet memorial scrapbook (requested by the hubby). 

I've stocked up on adhesive and already started the journaling:


I will be using a 3-ring binder by Terracycle:


 I have FSC-certified cardstock ready to go:


And for the first time, will only stick to Basic Grey cardstock (also eco-friendly):


To top it all off, I'm finally going to scraplift some layouts from my scrapbooking board on Pinterest. I've already created my first pet memorial scrapbook layout to get things started.

So, fellow LOADsters (and fans from a far... there's still time to sign up for LOAD), prepare yourself for plenty of doggie scrapbook layouts in the coming weeks. I hope to complete the entire album by February 28! Follow my journey on Flickr! ~Danielle

P.S. Don't be surprised if this little guy makes his way onto a digiscrap page (for days when I'm short on time):

Bane: Our New Puppy

It's now time to continue the blog hop! Connie is up next!

Here's the list of participants:

 Kelli
Dani
Valerie
Karen
You're here--> Danielle
Connie
Sherrie
Cara
Heather
Kim
Christy
Lisa E
Lisa H