9.11.2013

Scrapbook Layouts Using Paint Samples

If you've never brought home a paint sample, this post will make you grab one the next time you're out shopping at your local home improvement store. And you know what you're going to do with that paint sample? Scrapbook with it!

I've accumulated several different colors of paint samples over the years for each home decorating project I've started and when my creative kiddos want to get their hands on a few of their favorite colors.

Paint samples can be used just as they are or altered any way your creative heart desires. They're free and an eco-friendly option when using your unwanted samples.

Here are two of my scrapbook layouts featuring paint samples:

"When There are None" 12x12 Scrapbook Layout using a Paint Sample

On the 12x12 scrapbook layout above, I cut a large circle shape out of a paint sample book, adhered an Instagram photo to it, stuck both to the cardstock, added a title and some journaling and called my layout complete. Easy peasy!

For this next scrapbook layout, I not only used a paint sample, but a few other free supplies. Can you spot them?

"Caught Green Handed" 8.5x11 Scrapbook Layout using a Paint Sample

If you saw the puzzle pieces, a cardboard circle and product packaging (behind the title), you know how I think! Even the painted handprint can be considered a free scrapbooking embellishment.

Want more ideas on how to scrapbook with paint samples? Check out these crafty projects from around the web:


Special Announcement!! Are you in need of an intense weekend filled with scrapbooking? Join me at the free sneak peak of True Scrap 5 on Thursday, September 26 to learn more.  Click here to view more details. ~Danielle