5.07.2013

Buttons Galore & More Blog Hop

Welcome to the first-ever Glue Dots blog hop! We're celebrating Father's Day and Graduation with projects featuring buttons from Buttons Galore!


As the EcoScrapbooker, I enjoy hunting for supplies from around the home and see how I can reuse them in my craft projects. Today's graduation-themed project is no different as I utilized an old photo mat, an empty Glue Dots box and the roll that goes with it!

Let's check out my upcycled graduation-themed photo frame:


Supplies:

photo mat
Glue Dots® (Glue Lines, Mini, Craft)
graduation-themed buttons (Buttons Galore)
thin cardboard
empty Glue Dots box and roll
black acrylic paint


1. Paint two coats of acrylic paint on the Glue Dots cardboard roll, allowing drying time in between coats. Set aside.

2. Adhere Glue Dots Glue Lines® around all edges of cardboard except the top and attach to the back of photo mat. Insert photo.



3. Cut the back of the empty Glue Dots box and attach to back of cardboard on the photo mat.



4. Use a Craft Glue Dot® to adhere a half dollar to the bottom right side of photo mat to balance the frame for the next step.



5. Flip the frame over and attach the painted Glue Dots roll to the bottom right side using Mini Glue Dots®.



6. Adhere the Buttons Galore graduation-themed buttons to the inside and outside of the roll with Mini Glue Dots®.




The upcycled photo frame is now ready to hang or give as a graduation gift!

And since we're also celebrating Father's Day, I'd like to share a dad-themed scrapbook layout I made using more Glue Dots® and buttons from Buttons Galore:

"Dad & I" 8x10 Scrapbook Layout

Instead of cardstock as the base of this layout, I "greened" it up and used double-sided cardboard and chose the white side over the plain kraft cardboard. I added colorful Basic Grey cardstock, distressed the edges with my Distrezz-It-All and painted them black before adding the final details.




The photo on the layout is memory-filled from 1983 and features my dad, someone I hold dear to my heart right now after his heart attack on Earth Day. He's doing better now and I'm thankful to be able to celebrate another Father's Day with him. This page was like scrapbook therapy for me and I'm happy to share it with you.

Layout supplies: cardboard, cardstock (Basic Grey, DCWV), Glue Dots® (Mini, Ultra Thin), buttons (Buttons Galore), thread (Jillibean Soup), gems (CTMH), star paper clip, Distrezz-It-All, black acrylic paint, letter stickers (American Crafts Thickers). Check out the EcoScrapbooking eBook for more recycled scrapbooking ideas!

Now it's time to visit the Glue Dots blog if you haven't done so already and then hop on over to each of the Dottesses' blogs and leave a comment.

Want a chance at a special prize pack? Email Glue Dots at GlueDotsFans@gmail.com with your name and address (city, state, zip) by 11:59 CST on Thursday, May 9th to be entered to win! One lucky winner will be announced on the Glue Dots blog on Friday, May 10th!

List of participating Glue Dots designers: 

Don't forget to visit the Buttons Galore & More blog to see what their design team has created with Glue Dots! Hope you enjoy the blog hop! ~Danielle