3.27.2013

Road Trip: Memories Scrapbooking Expo & Jillibean's

On March 23, my mother-in-law and I traveled to Columbus for my Recycled Scrapbooking class at the Memories Scrapbooking Expo. I had a decent sized class and shared my knowledge about eco-friendly scrapbooking, plus Tim Holtz was at the Expo:


I must confess, I don't swoon over THE Tim Holtz and only own one of his many products, Distress Ink, which I rarely use. However, I spotted him at the Expo surrounded by a crowd of ladies, snapped a photo of him and went on my merry way.

Besides my class, the highlight of the day was after the Expo. We stopped at Jillibean's new store in Marysville for the warehouse sale (ended Sunday). I didn't purchase anything at the Expo since I knew this was on the agenda. Before I show you my goodies, take a look at all the eye-candy in this vintage-inspired shop:


















If I were to ever own a scrapbooking store, I would definitely model it after Jillibean's! Boy, was I impressed and look forward to visiting the shop again.

So...what did I buy? I kept my purchases within the warehouse sale area and spent less than $25 on all of this:

Jillibean Soup: EcoScrapbook Approved

I'm saving the pack on the far left for another scrapbooking class. Yes, even with the headset I had to wear (I felt like a dork), I enjoyed being offline and teaching my fellow scrapbookers something new about scrapbooking and plan to do it again in the future. ~Danielle

Related:

A scrapbook layout + 5 Jillibean Soup cards
My day at the Great Lakes Mini Meet
9 scrapbooking manufacturers that love the earth