Have you ever thought about decorating a gift bag with a removable scrapbook layout? I sure did! Here's my tutorial:
Glue Dots® (Ultra Thin, Mini, Pop Up, Glue Lines, Removable)
star pins (Maya Road)
FSC-Certified cardstock (black, yellow)
decorative cardstock (October Afternoon)
black acrylic paint
Petaloo flowers (large black, small green with red jewel)
buttons (red, green)
Stickles (Xmas Red, Holly, Black Diamond)
letter stickers (American Crafts Thickers)
Note: A red Petaloo flower was used for this project, but was painted black with acrylic paint and topped with black Stickles.
1. Cut, distress and paint edges of the yellow and decorative cardstock. Set aside to dry.
2. Attach buttons to hanger using Removable Glue Dots® and apply Stickles. Set aside to dry.
3. Distress the photo edges, mat with black cardstock using Ultra Thin Glue Dots® and distress the cardstock edges.
4. Use Ultra Thin Glue Dots® to attach two star pins to the top of the decorative cardstock and then adhere the yellow cardstock to the decorative cardstock.
5. Attach the matted photo to layout using Ultra Thin Glue Dots®.
6. Use Mini Glue Dots® to secure letter stickers to layout.
7. Apply Glue Dots Glue Lines® to layout and attach ribbon. Fold the ribbon edges and secure to back of yellow cardstock using Ultra Thin Glue Dots®.
8. Adhere buttons to layout using Ultra Thin Glue Dots®.
9. Use a Mini Glue Dot® to attach small Petaloo flower to the large one and attach to layout with a Pop Up Glue Dot®.
10. Tie ribbon to handle of gift bag.
11. Apply Removable Glue Dots® to the back of layout and attach to gift bag.
If you haven't already, read The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt (shown in the photo) - I loved that book! If you're a scrapbooker, you will too! Happy holidays! ~Danielle
More fun holiday project tutorials:
Disclosure: This blog post was created while participating on the Glue Dots design team.