7.10.2012

What's On Your Cell Phone?

When was the last time you organized your cell phone photos? Nowadays, most photos I snap and share are from my cell phone. Are you the same way? If so, this blog hop is for you!


Natalie of Almost Never Clever wants to know what's on your cell phone?

Earlier in the year, Nat gave blog readers a peek into her life when she shared her cell phone photos. Now that the second quarter of the year has passed, she's invited us to do the same.

Where it starts--> Nat: Almost Never Clever
You're here--> Danielle: EcoScrapbook
Next stop--> Jessica: Sweet 'N' Scrappy
Mariah: Its Fun2Scrap

I don't have a regular routine, but every couple months or so, I transfer my most recent cell phone pics to my computer, edit them in Picasa and upload all of them to Shutterfly for safe-keeping. Once the photos have been organized into monthly folders on both my computer and online, I start deleting them from my phone.

Let's have a look at some of my cell phone photos...

April:

In April's folder, there are 279 photos. It's probably my most favorite month of the year since we have my birthday, Earth Day, Easter and the first signs of spring all rolled up into one fine month. We spent the majority of our time remodeling our kitchen (still a work-in-progress) and another highlight was when Instagram finally came to Android.
 

Week in the Life also took place during April and it just so happened to be a pretty fabulous one since I scrapbooked on the news! I was happy to transfer these photos to my computer so I can (eventually) create my Week in the Life digi-layouts. I'll be referring to my captions on Instagram for most of the journaling.


May:

May was hectic with continued kitchen work, my 4-year-old's birthday party, a weekend camping trip and Layout A Day. I survived though, took over 400 photos and even made it to the zoo!


You can see more photos of May here (digital birthday layouts) and here (May's Take Twelve).

June:

June is still fresh in my mind and ended with 330 saved photos. I was busy taking photos of blooms, baby birds and my beautiful little girls. First up, a few flowers from my garden:


The last week of the month, my oldest daughter went to Girl Scout camp during the day at a nearby park and I had plenty of chances to photograph the scenery. The largest and smallest photos below were taken in the middle of the Maumee River where we were able to cross to the other side without getting wet. We weren't able to do that this time last year.


The neatest part about June was the robin's nest right outside my back window. Once I spotted the neatly-woven nest with little blue eggs, I was a photo-taking maniac from June 4th until the last baby bird left on the 28th. It was so exciting to see these four robins grow extremely fast and eventually learn how to fly out of their nest.


June is over, the baby birds are gone and I'm ready to take several hundred more photos during the third quarter of the year. Nat has a pretty good photo organization system going on and I plan on sharing more cell phone photos in October. 

Now it's time to hop on over to Jessica's blog to see her picture-taking display.

Thanks for stopping by! ~Danielle