Happy St. Patrick's Day! As you know, I'm always finding ways to turn trash to treasure and this rainbow made from bathtub crayons is just one of them:
|St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Mini Book Cover|
I've been saving the bathtub crayon cases for some sort of rainbow project and since it's St. Patrick's Day, there's no better time than now. The naked mini book is a whole 'nother story. I've had that for about five years (*cringe*), but as I've said before, I'm all about using up my stash this year.
Okay...let's get started!
bathtub crayon cases (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
Glue Dots® (Lines, XL, Mini)
ribbon (printed, plain)
1. Pop out the white "push-up" piece for each bathtub crayon case. Wash and dry the cases.
2. Place a strip of Glue Lines® in the center of the mini book cover and adhere the printed ribbon to it.
3. Adhere a Glue Line® to the red bathtub crayon case and attach to the cover. Repeat for the rest of the crayon cases.
4. Add another strip of Glue Lines® across the rainbow to wrap and secure the ribbon. Set aside.
5. Make a knot at the end of the plain ribbon.
6. Place the knot in the center of an XL Glue Dot®. Wrap and fold the rest of the ribbon around it to make a ribbon flower.
7. Fold the ribbon end underneath and use another XL Glue Dot® to attach it to the center of the ribbon-wrapped bathtub crayon rainbow.
8. Tie floss through a button, make a bow and use Mini Glue Dots® to attach it to the ribbon flower.
All that's left to do is fill up the mini book with St. Patrick's Day memories! Hope you have a lucky day! ~Danielle
Additional St. Patrick's Day Fun:
Kid's Craft Idea: Paper Rainbow for St. Patrick's Day (popular post from my old blog)
Disclosure: This blog post was written while participating on the Glue Dots design team.