10.03.2011

I wrapped a gift with newspaper and made a bow

Have you ever needed a quick way to wrap a present or just wanted to save money when giving a gift? If your answer is yes, then I have something for you:

Gifting With Newsprint

Covering a box with newspaper is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to wrap a gift, so that's what I did first. Then I used an envelope template and traced the outline onto newspaper.

Envelope Template

After cutting it out, I folded the bottom and sides using Glue Dots® to adhere them together.


I placed a small handmade card inside and used a Removable Glue Dot® to secure the top flap in place.

Newspaper Envelope

To create the bow, I followed a gift bow tutorial by Jessica Jones of How About Orange. (Jessica also has a tutorial on how to make gift bags from newspaper that I plan to try in the future.)

Newspaper Gift Bow

There are unlimited ways to personalize the gift...use paint, stamps, ink, markers, the list goes on!

Side note: Mark your calendars! There's a MemoryWorks Blog Hop on Thursday, October 6, which will also mark the end of me blogging for thirty straight days. Join me for an eco-friendly project! 

This post was edited and previously published at Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet on April 13, 2011. 
It was also written while participating on the Glue Dots design team.

Related: