It's back-to-school time! Organize and beautify your desk with these upcycled pencil holders:
|Upcycled Pencil Holders|
Glue Dots®: Craft, Mini
4 empty 1" Glue Dots® cardboard rolls (Pencil Holder A)
3 empty 3/4" Glue Dots® cardboard rolls (Pencil Holder B)
2 empty ribbon spools
2 1 1/2" inch cardboard circles
Pink Paislee cardstock (printed with soy ink)
black acrylic paint
|Recycle empty Glue Dots® rolls.|
1. Attach the cardboard circles to the center of the empty ribbon spools with Glue Dots®.
|Craft Glue Dots® cut in half.|
2. Paint the empty Glue Dots® rolls and ribbon spools. Apply at least two coats. Set aside.
3. Trim cardstock to fit each stack of rolls.
|Pencil Holder A|
Pencil Holder A: 7 3/4 x 4 (map), 10 1/4 x 9/16 (pink grid)
|Pencil Holder B|
Pencil Holder B: 7 3/4 x 2 1/4 (numbers), 7 3/4 x 7/8 (black), 10 1/4 x 7/16 (floral)
4. Stack the rolls on top of each other, four 1" rolls for Pencil Holder A and three 3/4" rolls for Pencil Holder B and apply Craft Glue Dots® around the stacks to hold the rolls in place.
|Tip: Try Glue Lines® in place of Craft Glue Dots®.|
5. Attach the large pieces of cardstock first before adding the black strip on Pencil Holder B and then add the smallest strips of cardstock to the ribbon spools.
6. Adhere Mini Glue Dots® to the bottom of each stack and connect them to the spools.
|Attach the recycled stacks and spools together with Mini Glue Dots®.|
What a great way to recycle all those empty Glue Dots® rolls and ribbon spools! My oldest daughter already claimed Pencil Holder A (and I'm glad because Pencil Holder B is my favorite!).
Other eco-friendly Glue Dots projects:
Disclosure: This blog post was written while participating on the Glue Dots design team.