2.12.2014

Pet Memorial Scrapbook: The First & Last Pages

Since February 1st, I've been concentrating on Tabatha's memorial scrapbook during Layout a Day. I'm enjoying the process so far, scrapbooking fun memories and putting off the harder, more emotional pages. It's been a little easier since I'm letting scrapbook layouts on Pinterest inspire me and giving less thought into the creation process. 

I've completed the first and last pages of the tribute album, with a few in between. Here's the introduction page where I used a paper bag for additional journaling:


Click here for the scrapbook layout that inspired the page (aka: my "pinspiration").

The final page has no photo, only the card sent to us from the emergency vet after Tabatha's passing and features the "Rainbow Bridge" poem I shared in my Saying Goodbye post:


Click here for the pinspiration layout.

Both of the scrapbook pages are a couple favorites of mine. I really love the colorful butterflies that flutter perfectly with the poem. See my completed pet tribute pages on Flickr and follow along on Twitter as I share them each day this month. ~Danielle

Related:

It's a Layout a Day Blog Hop! (Introduction to the Pet Tribute Album)
Just a Little Scrapbook Therapy
The Start of My 365 Grateful Project