9.30.2011

Mail Art Exchange: Earth

The people at the post office must be smiling since it's Mail Art time! 

I was first introduced to the Mail Art Exchange by Lisa who received a gorgeous piece of art in the mail from Ginger and Ginger got the idea from Pass the Book. Make sense? Confused? Either way, you can read all about it on Ginger's blog and find out how to participate in the next round.

Anywho...after reading Lisa's Happy Mail post, I jumped at the chance to participate and wasn't I lucky? The theme was Earth.

I dug into my scrap paper container, pulled out leftovers from when I made eco-friendly business card bookmarks with DCWV recycled paper and created this card:

Eco-friendly Greeting Card

I decorated a bill envelope with paint (added in pink glitter but you can't see it here), ink and stamps to send the card to Melissa, who shared the mail art here.

Decorated Envelope for the Mail Art Exchange. 

Then I waited for my mail to arrive from Natalie and boy, I was excited when I spotted it in my mailbox! Who doesn't like receiving beautiful things in the mail?

Eco-friendly Postcard by Natalie of Almost Never Clever.

I love how Natalie decorated chipboard with strips of paper and turned it into an eco-friendly art postcard. This little project is giving me some big ideas!

Stay tuned for the first installment of Scrapbook Saturday as I introduce my long-time Twitter friend, Zaira! Click here to find out how you can be featured on a future Scrapbook Saturday post.

Related:

A Week in the Life of Danielle's Brain and a phone obsession
Illustration Friday: Mysterious
My simple craft room