Does crafting and wine go together? It does for this Mother's Day project...
I'm always looking for ways to reuse items that would normally end up in the trash or recycling bin and when wine is thrown into the mix, it can be a lot more fun!
I decided that re-purposing a wine carrier into a flower carrier for Mother's Day would be a beautiful way to say I love you. Here's how you can do the same:
4 mini wine bottles & carrier
Glue Dots© (Glue Lines, XL)
cardstock (Cosmo Cricket "Upcycle")
17 1/2" ribbon strip (Making Memories "Cajun")
4 7" pieces of ribbon string (Making Memories "Cajun")
4 beads (Blue Moon Beads)
1. Clean and dry the wine bottles. Remove bottle rings with a wire cutter.
2. Cut 2 strips of cardstock to 3 9/16 x 10 9/16" each.
3. Adhere Glue Dots Glue Lines© to the inside edges of each strip of cardstock and wrap around the carrier. The strips will overlap each other.
4. Attach the ribbon strip around the top of the cardstock using Glue Dots Glue Lines©.
5. Using the inside of the Glue Dots© roll, trace and cut out 2 circles. Cut one of the circles into a spiral and roll up tightly to make a rosette. Secure the rosette together with an XL Glue Dot© and attach to the logo near the wine carrier's handle. Repeat with the second circle and attach to the logo on the other side of carrier.
6. Cut 4 strips of cardstock to 6 5/8 x 2 9/16" each, wrap around the 4 wine bottles and secure with Glue Dots Glue Lines©.
7. Add a bead to each piece of ribbon string and tie around the wine bottles. Trim excess ribbon string.
8. Add water and cut flowers to the wine bottles and place into the carrier.
Hope you have a beautiful Mother's Day! ~Danielle
Disclosure: This blog post was written while participating on the Glue Dots design team and Blue Moon Beads kindly supplied the beads shown in this project.