12.21.2011

Day 12 of 12 Days of Eco-Christmas: The box that keeps on giving

We've made it to the final day of 12 Days of Eco-Christmas and I'm sharing a simple project that started with my mom several years ago - the box that keeps on giving.

Meet Box:


Say "hello" to everyone, Box.


Box was born about five years ago. It was once a dreary and plain Avon box whose life was about to end in the recycling bin. My mom said "No!" She wrapped it in shiny garments and then filled Box with goodies. 

Box, all shiny and cheery, was given to me at Christmas time and saw my smiling face when I opened it.

I hung onto Box for the next year and when it was Christmas time once again, I filled it with goodies and passed it back on to my mother. Over the years, Box just kept giving and giving and giving...

You see, Box is a people pleaser and doesn't mind hiding in an attic for months at a time. As long as Box gets to see a smiling face once a year, it is happy.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!

I would like to thank those of you who shared your awesome and eco-friendly projects during this series, as well as everyone who tweeted and commented on the posts. I appreciate it! Thanks again!