1.11.2012

25 Things You May Not Know About Me

With the start of a new year, I wanted to change things up a bit here at EcoScrapbook. For example, you may have noticed that I'm starting to blog on Wednesdays instead of Mondays (and if you didn't, now you know). I also plan to dig a little deeper, sharing more of my perspective and experiences, not just craft tutorials and scrapbooking information.

So let's get to know your hostess, A.K.A. Danielle, A.K.A. Me! Below are twenty-five things you may not know about me (in no particular order).

P.S. Ignore the poor quality of most of the photos since I took them from the scrapbook my mother made for me and was too lazy to remove the page protectors.

1. I avoid big crowds of people (like at the mall right after Christmas).

2. I'd rather stay at home alone than go out. (I do enjoy a dinner out with my husband and socializing once in a while, but as a SAHM, I don't get many opportunities to do whatever I feel like doing without interruptions...like scrapbooking and crafting.)

3. I read blogs almost every day and there are approximately forty of them in my Google Reader's "Can't Miss" folder. I try to comment on at least a dozen a week (keyword is try).

4. I feel naked without eyeliner. I've been wearing it since I was twelve.

5. My husband and I renewed our wedding vows in a limo at a drive-thru wedding chapel in Las Vegas.

Our drive-thru wedding souvenir. Don't mind the hair - I was going through a bad hair phase.

6. My right armpit sweats more than my left and I once cut apart a sock as an emergency underarm helper.

7. My favorite drinks are water (in a glass) and coffee with pumpkin spice creamer.

8. I rarely drink pop.

9. When I was younger, I wanted to be a teacher, fashion designer or hairstylist. (I ended up with a B.A. in English & Communication and a minor in writing.)

10. I avoid washing dishes unless absolutely necessary and we don't own a dishwasher.

Photo taken yesterday. Should I be embarrassed?

11. I keep my fingernails short and usually polish-free, but my toenails are always painted.

12. My face is scarred. (I had severe acne for a few months right after college. I plan to have laser treatments in the future. Thank goodness for photo editing! And yes, that's scary to share here.)

13. My first car was a baby blue Plymouth Horizon and I think my dad paid $300 for it.

14. I've never been to Disney World (or Land...or anything Disney for that matter).

15. Right after high school, I worked as a front-gate photographer at the SeaWorld of Ohio (now known a Wildwater Kingdom).

16. My brother is ten years older than me and my sister is four years older than him.

The "Siblings" page from the scrapbook my mom made for me.

17. As a child, I was in a bowling league for about three years, danced for nine years, attempted basketball for one season (I sucked) and cheered for six years (was captain my Senior year).

From the "Dance" page in my mom's scrapbook.

18. I'm a lover of pasta and chocolate.

19. I'm allergic to almost every single kind of weed and tree pollen, along with cats, dogs, dust, nickel, beef, crab and a few other things (and didn't know any of this until having allergy tests within the past few years).

My allergy test results.

20. The first concert I went to was Paula Abdul and Color Me Badd in 1992 (I think that was the year). My last concert was U2 in 2011.

A collage of photos from the U2 concert.

21. I have the craziest, most vivid dreams, including ones that are scarier than most of the horror movies I've seen. I've considered writing a book of short stories based off my dreams (and I do call them dreams, not nightmares).

22. Two weeks before I left for college, my childhood home caught fire with my mom and I inside (and the plumber who accidentally caused it). We got out safely, but most of the ranch-style house was destroyed. It was surprising to see what survived like family photos, my college supplies that were in a back room and a collection of cassette tapes...

I photographed my cassette tape collection before donating them last year.

...along with a book of cds (the cases were nearby the cds, but they all melted together). The house was rebuilt within months and my parents are still living there.

Me (actually washing dishes) in my childhood home.

23. My favorite actress is Meryl Streep.

24. I'm Scottish, Irish, English, German, Italian, Polish and a "pinch of American Indian," as my mom would say.

25. My birthday is April 20 and that makes me a cusp-born Aries/Taurus. 

How's that for getting to know me? You'll probably see this list again on a scrapbook layout!

Related: