6.05.2013

What Have I Accomplished in 200 Posts?

Since I launched EcoScrapbook over two years ago, I never stopped to celebrate a blogiversary or even a my 100th post. Now that I have 200 posts under my eco bloggy belt, it's time to look back at my accomplishments and give myself a pat on the back.

I created a minimalist scrapbook layout to celebrate and used clothing tags for the journaling:

"Accomplished" 12x12 Eco-Friendly Scrapbook Layout

Supplies: cardstock, black and white pens, two Instagram photos, clothing tags, alphas (Jillibean Soup, Bella Blvd., Thickers).

Read more about my top accomplishments from 2011 through now:

  • The EcoScrapbooking eBook became a reality. What started as a simple idea turned into a scrapbooking eBook featuring ten scrapbookers from around the world and plenty of eco-friendly ideas. I was the mastermind and gave it away for free!
  • I was featured on the local news. WTOL contacted me last April and asked me to share a Mother's Day project. I was nervous, but managed my way to the studio and scrapbooked LIVE on the morning show.
  • You can find EcoScrapbook on YouTube. I only made one video about organizing paper scraps and plan to make more (even though I said I was going to right after I did the last one...I have ideas, just need to make the time).
  • I started a newsletter! It's called The EcoScrapbooker and you can sign up over in my sidebar. I've only sent out one email so far and just need to find my groove of writing monthly updates.
  • Speaking of teaching, the Memories Scrapbooking Expo in Columbus, Ohio welcomed me and my eco-friendly crafting abilities as I taught the Recycled Scrapbooking class in March.
  • I was also a featured scrapbooker during May's Layout a Day and shared several sample layouts with over 400 participants.
  • As a Glue Dots Dottess for almost three years, I've created plenty of project tutorials on this blog and my old one, but once I started EcoScrapbook, I focused on eco-friendly crafting. There are 38 upcycled craft and scrapbook projects right here that use Glue Dots.
  • Sharing the love - one of my favorite blog series was called Scrapbooker Saturday where I featured different scrapbookers and their eco-friendly tips.
  • And I almost forgot about another favorite series from 2011 and then a blog hop in 2012, 12 Days of Eco-Christmas, which showcased several eco-friendly Christmas projects.
  • Let's talk blog traffic. I don't completely ignore it as I do like seeing visitors on my blog, but it's not a priority. It makes me feel good to blog every week and I must admit seeing over 11,000 visitors in March felt pretty dang awesome. My most popular post features three cute Easter bunnies made from toilet paper rolls. Who woulda thunk?!

There are plenty of other accomplishments, but I think I've covered most of the big ones. I'm glad I did this post and had a chance to review the past two years. I'd like to suggest you do the same.

What have you accomplished since you started your blog? If you do your own post, shoot me an email, tweet me or link up your post in the comments. ~Danielle