I've always wanted to make new crayons out of the old ones and finally did so with my six-year-old. We made them to pass out to her class for Valentine's Day.
They're about the size of Reese Cups and each one is unique.
Here’s how we made melted crayon Valentines:
Several broken/unwanted crayons
Small treat bags
1. Peel off the crayon wrappers.
2. Have a parent chop up the crayons into smaller pieces. I used a few paper towels on a cutting board and a large kitchen knife. Set oven to 250 degrees.
3. Place cupcake liners into muffin pans.
4. Fill the cupcake liners halfway with crayon pieces.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven until crayons are melted into a liquid, about 10-12 minutes. Use oven mitts to remove pans from oven.
6. Let the melted crayons cool for about 3 hours or overnight before peeling off cupcake liners.
7. Insert melted crayons into small treat bags to pass out to your class.
You can use stickers to seal the bags or tie bows with ribbon. As always, get creative and have fun! ~Danielle
Related Kid's Crafts:
Toilet Paper Roll Bunnies
Painting Roses With Celery
Painting Shamrocks With Toilet Paper Rolls