4.18.2011

Documenting Earth Day activities in a mini-album

Every April, I welcome Earth Day with open arms. 
 
Not only is it near my April 20th birthday, but it's also at a time of renewal and change. As new growth emerges from the earth each spring, I feel new growth in my soul as well.

This year, I'll be documenting my Earth Day activities in a mini-scrapbook album:


I used cardboard, leftover DCWV recycled paper, nature-themed scrapbook paper (that I bought years ago and never used), The Cinch (book-binder + wire), fibers and black ink.

I trimmed five pieces of cardboard to 2 7/8" tall and then drew each letter's outline onto the cardboard. I used scissors and a craft knife to cut the right side of the letters out. After adhering paper to the letters and trimming the excess, I inked the edges before using The Cinch to punch holes.


The letter E is 2" wide, A is 3 3/4", R is 5 1/8", T is 6 1/8" and H is 7 1/4". Not an exact science, but it worked.
 
I put the pages together, bound it with wire and added fibers:


Now it's ready to record this year's Earth Day activities. 

Do you have anything Earth-loving planned?

Related posts:

How many things can I recycle on a scrapbook page?
We can change how we scrapbook (so we don't look like this in the future)