3.28.2012

Easter Craft Tutorial: Toilet Paper Roll Gift Boxes

You already know how much I love simple crafts. Today's project is all about Easter as I turned toilet paper rolls into little gift boxes:

Upcycled Easter Gift Boxes

Supplies:

Craft Glue Dots©
toilet paper rolls
acrylic paint
paint brush
book pages

1. Apply two coats of acrylic paint to the toilet paper rolls. Let dry.


I tried out an eco-friendly acrylic paint by Eco Green Crafts for the first time. 
It went on thick and was easy to use.

 
2. Cut book pages into 2 x 5 1/2" strips.


3. Fold one end of the toilet paper roll together. Push and fold down each side to close the end. Repeat on the opposite end of the roll. Do this for each toilet paper roll.


4. Wrap the book page strips around each toilet paper roll gift box and secure with Craft Glue Dots©.


I used 3 Craft Glue Dots© at each end of the book page strips.

Here's a close-up of the finished toilet paper roll gift boxes:


The book I used for this project was The Tale of Benjamin Bunny by Beatrix Potter.

Additional Glue Dots Projects:


Disclosure: This blog post was written while participating on the Glue Dots design team. I have no affiliation with Eco Green Crafts and the acrylic paint was purchased by myself.