My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates.
You never know what you're gonna get." -Forrest Gump
As I made my most recent Glue Dots® project, I kept thinking about Forrest Gump's box of chocolates quote and replaced it with "Crafting is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get when you save the boxes."
That's what happened when I saved boxes from last year's Valentine's Day and here's how you can make it:
3 Valentine's Day chocolate box lids (small, medium, large)
Glue Dots® (Lines, XXL)
ribbon (2 1/2" wide)
Maya Road star pins
1. Using a small drill bit, drill holes at the top of each lid and the bottom of the small and medium lids.
2. Secure each lid together where they overlap using Glue Dots Glue Lines®.
3. Thread fishing line through the lids, secure with knots and tie a loop at the top to hang.
4. Cut ribbon lengthwise in half and create 7 24" strips.
*Tip: Save ribbon from holiday gifts and reuse on your crafts like I did here.
5. Tie a knot at one end of ribbon strip and put in center of an XXL Glue Dot®. Wrap the ribbon around the knot tightly until a rosette is created. Repeat for each ribbon.
6. Adhere the rosettes to the lids and cover any branding labels.
7. Stick the star pins into the rosettes.
Are you making any decorations for Valentine's Day? Share your projects here! ~Danielle
Related Glue Dots® Tutorials:
Disclosure: This blog post was written while participating on the Glue Dots design team.