7.11.2011

Guest Post: Renee's scrapbooking scavenger hunt

One of the top ways to be crafty and eco-friendly is to use what you have and not run out to the store every time you start a new project. When it comes to scrapbooking and cardmaking, dig into your stash and get creative like my first EcoScrapbook Guest Blogger, Renee of Charms Buttons & Bows. And if this challenge sounds fun...I'm looking for eco-conscious scrapbookers, like you, to share "green" scrapbook pages here. Contact me if you're interested.

Please welcome Renee to EcoScrapbook...

Hi, my name is Renee. It is my pleasure to be here today to guest post for EcoScrapbook. Thank you, Danielle, for inviting me!

Remember when you were younger and you would go on a scavenger hunt? I do...I remember, too, how much fun it was. So, I thought it would be a great challenge to take it to a different level…

How about a scrapbooking scavenger hunt? 

Ok, are you ready…here we go!! Oh, by the way, there are no time limits. Take as much time as you need.

Head on over to your scraproom, space or wherever you love to create. We will start off with a few sheets of cardstock in various colors, your favorite adhesive and an assortment of buttons. Let’s add some ric-rac, flowers, seam binding and/or ribbon for some added color and a sentiment or two. 

One of the best parts of this scavenger hunt is that we are not going to plan ahead with regard to the layout or card we are going to create. Here is my stash of scrapbooking goodies:


One of my favorite colors is PINK. So, I really want to create a card or layout filled with oodles of pink. As I looked at my array of goodies, I decided to challenge myself. Since two of my family members graduated from the University of Miami, our primary colors became orange and green. So, I held back my girlish impulse to go with pink and honor the U of M. 

Yes, I grabbed the orange paper for the front of my card. Then, I adhered the seam binding to the card with my Glue Dots® Dot n Go. I slipped the sentiment underneath the seam binding. Glue Dots® held it in place perfectly. After adding buttons and die cut hearts to embellish, my card was complete. (Please see below for the full list of the supplies I used from my stash).  

I really enjoyed creating this card! I even resisted the urge to go search for more goodies...I thought that it would be a fun challenge to just go with what I originally selected. Trust me, this was a REAL challenge. One of the neatest parts was using things I already had on hand.


Supplies:  Card (American Crafts), Orange Paper (DCWV), seam binding (Wal-Mart), buttons (my stash), vellum sentiment (DCWV), Glue Dots® Dot n Go adhesive and Heart die-cuts (DCWV paper using my Cricut and the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge).

Oh, I want to share one more goodie with you. This is something that I created for the Glue Dots® design team...it’s eco-friendly. Here is a link to my blog post so you can take a peak!

I hope that you had as much fun as I did! Thank you again, Danielle, for inviting me to EcoScrapbook! Thanks, too, for stopping by!!

Related:

We can change how we scrapbook (so we don't look like this in the future)